Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

11.26.2014

Poem: "On The Wings of Freedom"

On The Wings of Freedom
By: Eve Estelle

Since the dawning of time, it's always been fought for;
A simple idea the ruling refuse.
Through years of unrest, through years of war,
It's gained and lost - the battle renews.

The elements fought long before men,
But they fight as it is in their nature;
The waters fight the fires in a repeating cycle,
But still the land they nurture.

With life came morality,
With mankind came awareness;
Who's to say who deserves this right?
We should all be treated with fairness.
From this mountain edge, I see the town below;
Faraway sounds mingle, as the people go about their day.
The autumn breeze whistles,
And yet a peaceful calm resides.

See the world as I do;
A place with boundless potential.
Feel what I feel;
Here, freedom is essential.
We all share this beautiful home -
Should we not work together?
Don't bind yourself by unspoken rules,
Difference makes us clever.
Spread your mighty wings,
Let your mind roam.

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Eve
    Just...amazing. *_*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve... please stop being so fabulous. Just... oh, your writing just takes my mind away. You've got such a lovely talent; your writing is just superb. ^__^
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're comments are so sweet lol. I'm really glad you like them that much! Thank you, Adaline ^^

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! Great writing :)

    arushee // unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautifully written! Well done! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, HyperAshley! I'm happy to hear you liked it. :)

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!