Update (10/20/21): Focusing on other life priorities at the moment! Miss it here dearly. Contact me if you need anything! :) Thank you!

7.19.2017

Poem: "Northern Dawn"

Image by Hideyuki KAMON via Flickr (CC)

Northern Dawn
By: Eve Estelle

Far above the soil, the emerald grasses,
Above the world set afire
By blazing bands of flick'ring light,
A silken dance o'erhead the blooms
Asleep by night; ephemeral,
Her elusive belle of the ball,
Mother Nature; a supernal song
For the earth awash in starlight,
Her lands illumed to bask in glory
That ends not when the curtain falls,
But shall last forevermore.


Author's note: I am so sorry for how long it's been since my last posting! I just didn't have much these last two weeks, and time got away. But here's a little something that I was able to put together over the last couple of days, inspired by my dream of someday seeing the northern lights. <3 (Almost got the chance last weekend, too, but of course there were clouds. Ah well.)

I sort of feel like this poem ends abruptly, so eventually I'll come back to fix that. What do you think?

The title, "Northern Dawn," is a literal translation of "aurora borealis," the scientific name for the northern lights.

14 comments:

  1. This poem is so beautiful and powerful. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does even a fraction of justice to the gorgeous phenomenon it describes. <3 Thank you, Heena! :)

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely poem, oh my!

    Would you mind checking out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow? Super excited to read your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, El. :) I've followed you, and will be back later to leave a comment. Your blog's color scheme is beautiful!

      Hope to see you around! Thanks for your follow as well! :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful poem & the picture goes so well with it! <3 The Northern Lights would be super awesome to see. Bet it'd be a super inspiring view! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D There were so many stunning pictures of the aurora. I'm grateful to Hideyuki (the photographer) for letting others such as myself use his image under a Creative Commons license. <3 Ahhh, wouldn't they?? For sure it would be! One day, I'm going to drag myself out somewhere to see it.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I would love to see the Northern lights someday. Any poem be it small or long is beautiful as long as you have emotion in it and you put your heart and soul in to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't have said it better. :) Emotion and heart make the piece! The northern lights would definitely be amazing to see. Hope you have the chance one day!

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful poem and I love the image, too! Green's one of my absolute favourite colours :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! The image is beautiful, isn't it? Green is a great choice!

      Delete
  6. I've always wanted to go to Norway and watch the Northern Lights from there. I hope I get to do that one day.
    Beautiful poem!

    -Kathie K
    Half A World Away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard there are some truly amazing spots in Norway! I hope you do, too. Always keep it in mind, and you very well might someday. :) I bet it's one of those things you'll never forget.

      Thanks, Kathie!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, and I appreciate every single of them. Let me know what's on your mind, and don't hesitate if you have any questions or suggestions. I'll do my best to get back to you!

Make sure to tick the little "Notify me" box if you would like to be notified when there are any replies or further comments.

*Blogger is currently having issues with email notifications related to comments. Please excuse any response delays, and check back frequently!